Statement of Faith
What We Believe and How We Believe It
- In the One, True, Living God who is infinite in all things. We believe He is Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omnipotent and that He manifests Himself in three persons. God the Father is our Source, God the Son is the way to the Source and the Holy Spirit is our Director, Guide, Enabler and Helper. We also believe that the Holy Spirit is equal in deity to the Father and the Son. We believe that through the infilling of the Holy Spirit we are empowered to disassemble those things in our lives that are contrary to the Word of God and to assemble those things necessary to cause us to be effective members of the Body of Christ.
- That in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth; and man would be able to take dominion over, subdue, and to replenish the Earth. Therefore, man is able to live a productive and fruitful life, add to the productivity of the lives of others, and leave a deposit in the Earth for the next generation.
- That the Bible is the inspired Word of God, written by Holy men of old as the Holy Spirit moved, and the entire Scripture – from Genesis to Malachi and Matthew to Revelation – contains all things necessary for our salvation, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and for instructions in righteousness.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, that He was crucified, died and was buried and that on the third day He arose from the dead and that He is the Savior of the World. He is now seated at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty, making intercessions for us at the Throne of God. We believe that Jesus died to purchase the Church, He arose to give resurrected life to the Church, He ascended to be the Head of the Church, and He’s coming back again for His Church. He is the way, the truth, and the life and no man cometh unto the Father, but by Him.
- That salvation only comes by grace through faith in Jesus Christ by a confession with the mouth and a belief in the heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. We do not believe that water baptism is unto salvation, but rather is an outer expression of an inner conviction and represents to us that inward purity which positions us to follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and that as He died and rose again for us, so should we, who are baptized, be baptized with the Holy Ghost and die to sin and rise again unto righteousness. Good works cannot bring about salvation, but are the fruits of and spring forth out of a true faith in God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- That we should trust God, trust leadership and trust each other so that all who believe and are on one accord.
- That the love of God, which is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost, is the foundation of all our actions, causes us to live by the requirements of our faith, and that LOVE NEVER FAILS.